Sunday, April 10, 2011

A little scare...maybe TMI

Scottee gave us a little scare in October. She was going potty one day and I noticed that her poop was completely white. I had remembered my niece having this before and it ended up being something similar to lupus; so of course this had me a little nervous. I quickly called my mom, no answer and then my Grandma. She was also nervous and told me I needed to call the pediatrician. As soon as I called the pediatrician they told me I need to come in right now. So we headed off to the doctors and Scott met us there. When we met with the doctor and gave him some of our family history he immediately wanted to run blood tests. So we left the Dr.s and went straight to get her blood work done. They got the needle in her left arm and filled about 5 tubes full and then they couldn't get any more. She didn't cry at all until they had to do the second arm and even then she just quietly cried on me. She was such a good girl. They filled about another 4 tubes. She was so strong. I was so proud of her. We were pretty nervous at this point and had to wait 24 hours for the results. During that time the Dr. set up an appt. for us for the next day at the Gastro. That night was quite long waiting for the results. We prayed lots and hoped for the best. The Gastro Dr. gave us the results that their was nothing bad with the blood work but still wanted to have an ultrasound done. Everything came up clear. It was such a relief. She did have white bowels a couple other times after that and still not sure from what.
So here she is getting her ultrasound. She thought it was pretty cool!

No comments: