Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother's Day

I am filled with a lot of emotion right now and knew I needed to write my thoughts into words. I am so blessed to have the calling of Motherhood. I love being a mom. I know it is of the highest calling in life and hope I am able to succeed. Every moment I will cherish. I have two of the most angelic, priceless daughters of God in the whole world. They are truly my everything. Mothers hold their children's hands for a little while but their hearts forever.

Scottee is the most caring, sensitive, Christ-like child I know. She truly loves her family. She treats me like a Queen and always wants to make sure I am ok. She is truly the best older sister Hadlee could ask for. She honestly wants the best for her and worries about her constantly and would NEVER hurt her (even when she deserves a little beating occasionally). I LOVE her, she makes me a better person.

Hadlee is the funnest, cuddly, precious, fiery little love ever. I can't get enough of her. She either is beating up on her sister or making sure she has everything she has and does not like to leave her out. She thinks Scottee is the "cats meow" and wants to be just like her. I love to watch her admire her sister.

As we age, we begin to realize the value of a mother's love and the enormous depth of her commitment to us. No other relationship we form can ever be as close or profound as that with our mothers.
I am also feeling so blessed to have the Mother I have. She is so Christ-like. I hope to be just like her one day. Everyone loves her and she has a heart of gold. She came over for dinner tonight and my girls could not get enough of her. She played pajama fashion show with them and danced around. She played airplane and constantly is teaching them songs and stories. I love to watch her with my kids. She loves unconditionally; I know I gave her a run for her money growing up. She is the most giving person I know. She would give me the shirt off her back is it was the last thing she owned. She is my confidant, my heroine, my best friend, and my MOTHER. I love her with all of my heart!

There are many more women I could talk on who have molded me to the woman I have become but they know how much I love them! Happy Mother's Day.

5 comments:

Darren and Whitnee Young said...

This is sooo tender and I agree with all of it! Love you.
P.S. I don't see the other 2 posts. Where are they?

McGiven Family.... said...

You are a wonderful mother! Such a sweet post! Love you!

Uffens Family said...

You are such a cute mom! Your girls are so lucky to have you!

sloan said...

sooo sweet!!!! you are a great mother.... Im glad you had such a good sweet day!!!!

The Andersons said...

you are such a great mom and a beautiful one as well! i know exactly where your daughters get their looks. i love you sooo much!