Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I love long weekends! It means my husband is home longer and Sunday night isn't the worst night ever...meaning the next day means back to work. This weekend has been lots of fun and busy. On Saturday morning I had my first piano recital. It was lots of fun and rewarding; my students did amazing and none of them messed up. They each played 2 memorized pieces. I have 7 students right now and am always looking for more. I love my students and I love watching them grow and learn to love music. They were so cute the day of the recital they were all so proud of themselves they were all grinning from ear to ear; and so was I. After the recital I had bought Krispy Kremes for a little dessert. Also Scottee and Scott were a HUGE help in getting the church ready as well as Scott made my AWESOME programs. I love how he gets so excited to help me with things like this. I love you!




Scottee was the designated program handout gal!!

After the recital, which I forgot to mention my beautiful sisters came to support me, we all went to Port of Subs and then headed over to my parents for a wonderful relaxing rest of the day by the pool. My kids loved spending all day outside and swimming. My sisters and I had a great time laying out and talking. I love being with them we laugh and laugh and laugh. They are two of the funniest people I know. That night we dropped the children off to a babysitter and headed to dinner at Rubios and then to see Iron Man 2. It was really entertaining until about 30 minutes before it ended I got a call from the sitter that had Hadlee had thrown up everywhere. So Scott and I missed the ending headed to the rescue of our sweet daughter.
Sunday we just relaxed all morning since all of us had a little flu bug and colds. And then went to church...I had to speak. I love speaking in church because it demands that you study lots and lots on one subject. I spoke on the ninth Article of Faith, Revelation.

3 comments:

Darren and Whitnee Young said...

Glad you like the collage. Love the recital. Your students did so good. You rock!!!!!!

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

Very cool Shea! Do you teach adults? :) Could you imagine me coming to your recital with all your kiddos. Ha!

sloan said...

I wish you would have told me about your recital!!! We would have come before we left town!!!! good job you are the best!!!