Wednesday, December 1, 2010

24th of July

Since we weren't in Utah this year for the 24th and Vegas doesn't do anything for Pioneer Day my mom decided we should all go camping up to Lee Canyon over night. We got there around noon on Saturday and just hung out, set up the tents, and the kids explored a lot. At night we made dutch oven chicken, potatoes, and peach cobbler. It was all so delicious. It was such a relaxing day. I was a little nervous about the girls sleeping arrangements because I do not do well on lack of sleep and I am NOT nice at night, but they did amazing they both slept 12 hours straight. When we woke up the next morning we made pancakes and then my mom told a few pioneer stories of our ancestors. It was great family time and great to get into a little cooler weather.

I love my dad in this picture. Not a lot of people see my dad really laugh and have a good time, but he really can. I love him and am A LOT like him. I see him in me more and more as I get older. He is a wonderful Dad and such a hard worker. Thanks Mom and Dad for the overnighter!

4 comments:

Darren and Whitnee Young said...

Okay, I am going to go ahead and give you some serious props for all of these posts! Such you pics and captions. I love you and am glad that you finally updated!!!!

sloan said...

WOW love all the updates....

The Andersons said...

haha love Hads teeth in that pic! she is the cutest thing since her aunt ashy was born.

Uffens Family said...

I seriously think your mom is the cutest person ever! What a fun way to spend the 24th--maybe someday I will like camping :). Loving Had's toothy grin :)