Friday, May 4, 2012

December

December is always so much fun! I had as much fun at the beginning as you can have on bedrest...I dealt with it through online shopping therapy. Scott would always laugh when he would get home from work and there was another package at the door from another store. Also it got pretty humorous when even Wellsfargo called me to make sure my card hadn't gotten stolen because there was a lot of online purchases and there had never been one prior to. No it wasn't that bad considering it was Christmas time! About a week or two into December I self diagnosed myself and decided I was officially off bedrest and would just lie to my Dr. Here is how I would travel in the stores:
Scott put up our Christmas lights and instead of finding a tall enough ladder he decided getting on the roof was a much quicker process.
Grandma had gotten Scott and I and all the family tickets to a Christmas production and on that same night was our Ward Christmas Party. A friend of mine took the girls to the party so Scott and I could get a night out. They looked so gorgeous that we had to have a photo shoot.
Going to church. I love these beautiful girls!!
On December 10 Scottee's dance studio had Parent Observation day. Instead of a recital the parents are allowed to come and just watch how class is being ran. Scottee did an excellent job. She has such a great memory and so remember all of her steps and is called on in class the most. I loved watching her and she loved having her family to support her. And I guess I didn't get the memo that it is still dress code on Parent Observation Day. In my mind you should dress up all Decemeber in Christmas attire haha!
One Sunday I had gotten the girls all ready for church and about 15 minutes before Scott was going to take them Hadlee wanted me to hold her and started to get really lethargic. Within 5 minutes she had come down with a high fever. Sos he stayed home with me and fell asleep on me and then I moved her to the couch. I think she looks so tender priceless. I have a love/hate relationship with sick babies!
On December 12 we had Hadlee's dance performance. It was so stinkin cute. They hardly knew any of the dance moves but could sing all the words to the songs. I love watching the 3 year old class. Thanks Robin for the adorable skirts she made the girls!!
December 16, 2011 was the First Annual Shea Insurance Christmas Party. It was a great time! We had all of the employees which is 4, Jeff Allen and his girlfriend, Kim Darin and her husband, Deb Egler and her boyfriend, and Lisa and took them all out to P.F. Chang's. Kim had set up a gift exchange. It was a lot of fun. Can't wait for many more Shea Insurance Christmas Parties. I look like an elephant but I guess that is what you get when you are 8 months pregnant.
Because of being on bedrest I took all of the month of November off of piano. I had decided to start teaching again the first week of December since I could just sit the whole time. I also love my Christmas recitals and so wanted to still have enough time to have the kids get their songs ready to perform. Scottee also played two songs that she had pretty much taught herself from her music books. She memorized them both and did such a cute job! I love Christmas music and love seeing the kids perform! They all do such a great job and work so hard for their recitals! This year I had the recital at my house and I loved it!!
After the recital we had to be at Hadlee's preschool performance/party. Miss Nancy has all of the kids perform a few songs and then they exchange gifts and decorate cookies. Hadlee was so cute, she knew most all of the words to the songs and was so excited to perform. She exchanged gifts with the cutest littlest girl in her class (actually the only girl in her class) Shelby. They are so cute with each other.
I was wanting to be on the go this Saturday afternoon so we then decided to stroll around the District. They had the cutest Santa set up and cutest Santa I have ever seen. He talked with the girls for about a half hour. He was so animated and darling! We love the District at Christmas time! They had a cute performance with Frosty and some singing and dancing. It was so nice to be out with my family!!
I also being that I was on bedrest had a lot of time to be on Pinterest! I got this cute idea from there and the girls loved it! I think I will make these reindeer pancakes an annual thing. I don't really think of myself as a fun mom so when I do things like this I feel somewhat fun!
One of my favorite things to do in December is drive around and look at Christmas lights. We do it quite often! On this particular time the kids all got in with my parents and stood up through their moonroof. They thought it was the most fun thing ever! I love when they are so excited. They were yelling at all the people and so giddy! The four of them have such a good time together!
On the off years when we don't celebrate Christmas with my mom's side of the family we have a bog Christmas Party. We love it! Santa comes every year, there is amazing food, great company, and we always act out the Nativity. It is a wonderful time of year and party.
For Christmas Eve I had all of Scott's family over for dinner. I felt like it turned out great amidst Scott getting sick with the flu a couple of hours before it started. When it started he was upstairs laying on the bathroom floor for the first hour or so. I felt so awful for him. He stayed sick for the next 24 hours and other than helping host for a little bit and setting up for the Big Day he stayed in bed all of Christmas Day! It was so sad! But back to Christmas Eve. I made the pork roast and cranberry sauce to get on it and we also had rice, a delicious salad, desserts, asparagus, and cheese and crackers for our appetizers. After dinner we took down all the tables and played some serious Minute to Win it games. We had a lot of fun and laughed a lot! It was terrifying and a lot of work to host but so glad I did it.
Christmas morning was so fun but came way to early! The girls were super excited! Nana and Papa stayed with us Christmas Eve and that even made the girls more excited. The girls were pretty spoiled by Santa. They got a trmapoline, easel, ski googles, suitcase for Scottee, art set for Hadlee, and a few smaller things. They were in heaven!
After opening presents Scott was still super sick with the flu so he went upstairs and went to bed. The girls and I went to church with Nana and Papa. After us girls went to moms house and opened up the presents from Grandma and Grandpa. Scottee and Hadlee got a Kenmore kitchen, so cute! I got a whole new set of white dishes. I love them and was in dire need of a new set. Scott got a new blower. Thanks Mom and Dad you are always so generous and good to us! We love you! We stayed over there till the Scott felt better at about 6. Then we just hung out and played with all of the toys. It was such a fun relaxing day just with we had our Dad with us! We were so lucky to have Rob, Kennadee, and Jessica come visit right after Christmas. We did a lot of tourist things and the girls were in hog heaven having their cousins here. We went down to M&M Factory, Coke Factory and did a lot of other fun activities while they were here.
On New Year's Eve we had a ton of fun! First the Dad's and all the kids went to Skymania. The kids and men all jumped their little hearts out. Then we all met up for lunch and then headed for fishing. It is always a great time with family! I loved the whole month and always love being with family!!
For New Year's Eve we all went to GG's house and had Prime Rib. The dinner was delicious! And it was so fun just hanging out talking. We talked about movies and TV shows for such a long time and were dying laughing. I love just doing chill things and letting the kids all hang out.

No comments: