Saturday, May 5, 2012

January

January is usually quite a boring month but not this year!! We couldn't have been more excited and thrilled for January to come. On New Year's Day we had all of the girl cousins over for a big sleepover. Scottee and Hadlee always love having them over! They are some of the best little girls.
One Sunday morning as Scott and I were laying in bed relaxing the girls walked in and yelled "We have monster hands!" We were dying laughing. What good parents we are we had no idea they were even playing with paint.
I love when my girls wear sponge rollers; I think they look adorable and remind me so much of Saturday nights when I was young.
On January 12, 2012 was another one of my favorite days of my life. This day will get its own post. Scottee also had quite a month! On January 14 she lost her first tooth! She was out with Dad shopping for some new cute headbands for Shelbee and in the middle of the store she stops and yells "Dad my tooth just fell out!" It was so crazy because I remember all of mine like hanging from a thread and screaming if my parents wanted to pull it out. Her situation was nothing like that. She had told us it was loose but nothing dramatic. She was staying with my Mom still since Scott and I were still staying at the hospital. The Tooth Fairy brought her $5 and Hadlee $1. She is a pretty awesome Tooth Fairy.
Just some fun random fun shots in January...If you can't tell I am quite obsessed with my little angel!
Another GREAT Day for Scottee in January was the day the school celebrated her being Student of the Month. She has been wanting this since day 1. The teachers had told Scott and I at parent teacher conference that every month they want to make Scottee student of the month but they wee going to wait until she stopped crying at school. That broke my heart because I had no idea she was still crying at school up until December. I was quite mad that the teachers did not call me and tell me about this but thinking about it it was probably a good idea because I might have taken her out of full day kindergarten. She was chosen for the month of RESPECT!! Personally Scottee could have been picked for any month. I am tying this post in May and she and one other girl in her class (Charlee R) have never gotten a yellow card. The other day actually Scottee said to me I don't know how to even get a yellow card. It is so easy to be good in class; you just sit criss cross applesauce, raise your hand, and zip your lips. She is so good. She truly is an angel. This girl is respectful to everyone! She is kind to everyone! She is my best friend. And she is soooo stinking smart. She was tested in school into 3rd grade reading. I was so proud of her and happy she had such an amazing month, she deserved it!
After her assembly we took her to Toys R Us and she picked out a karaoke machine. We were so happy for her and allowed her to get whatever she wanted! A couple weeks after Shelbee was born all of Scott's family came to eat Sunday dinner at our house. It was so relaxing I did NOTHING! They made all the food and cleaned it all up. It was so fun to have them here and to have Abuela meet little Shelbee!

3 comments:

The Andersons said...

Lovin all these pics and posts! Keep going!

Darren and Whitnee Young said...

You are a bloggin machine! Finally. So glad you are done being pregs. I know the bedrest thing was brutal for you. Such a cutie family!

Uffens Family said...

I first saw all these awesome posts when we were on vacation! and I need to comment because I love them!! Keep them coming! Congrats to your student of the month! and the loss of teeth! We just lost our first 2 last week, but your Tooth Fairy is so much nicer than ours:) Love the new header too! What a gorgeous fam!